Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Results...

So, I'm sitting on the pot, trying to pee on this darn stick, and I stop midstream, checking the stick. It's still dry. I've just woken up, mind you, and my vision is still blurry. I have problems with depth perception anyway, so being newly awake just compounds that problem. Part of me said, just put it away and try later. It's still dry, so no harm done. I didn't listen. So I try again, because I still have pee left. I managed to hit the stick, but I don't know if it was under the stream for the 5 seconds that it was supposed to be there. I put the cap back on and sat it on the back of the toilet. I waited. Not for the 3 minutes, because I'm impatient and can't wait that long (AEB my taking this stupid test anyway). As I peered over to the results screen, I saw what didn't look like words on the screen. Instead, there's a picture of a little book and an arrow. I grab the instructions and find the little picture next to the words "book error." Book error?!?!? WTF?! Apparently this means there is either too much or too little pee on the stick. Damn! I knew I should have stopped while it was still dry. In all my years of taking these darn tests, I have NEVER gotten an error. NEVER. Is this a sign? A sign that I shouldn't take a test yet? Or a sign that I should just pee in a darn cup and test that way.

So, after I dress the rugrat, we'll be heading to the nearest retailer of HPTs.

No comments: