Thursday, March 13, 2008

Picky Toddler

So I've been visiting this website called wholesometoddlerfood.com. It gets me so excited about making good, healthy food for M. Last night I picked a few recipes and made my grocery list. This morning we got dressed, ate breakfast, played for a few minutes, then headed to Wal-Mart. Typically, I refuse to go to Wal-Mart unless it's before 8 am, but I was trying to be frugal (LOL). Our trip ran into M's naptime a little, but she didn't mind. At 11 when we returned home, I put her to sleep, lollygagged around, and began on her wholesome lunch. Chicken Potato Chowder. Yum-o. When she woke up from her nap, I let her play around for a while. She saw me put the bowl of chowder on the table, and looked like she wanted it. She took ONE BITE and made a face, SPIT IT OUT, and refused to eat anymore. She stuck her hands in the bowl a few times and licked her fingers, but that was it. I wouldn't care so much that she didn't eat any if I hadn't actually made it myself. Doesn't she know how hard I worked on that? LOL.

Maybe she'll eat the tofu nuggets that I make tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Mr. Pickle are really feeding Picklette tofu? Mrs. Pickle, let me feed her for a week. She'll love pork fat and anything synthetic. Ha ha ha. Kidding, Darling. This diet thing has me eating tofu too, and I actually think it doesn't taste bad.