Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby Registry

Plans are in the works for a baby shower. I told H, and he said he thought you only had one with the first baby. Actually, I wasn't sure I was going to have a shower, but everyone I've talked to says it's okay. My BFF, B, is throwing it at a nearby restaurant--a Baja beach taco place. It should be fun and casual. Yesterday when we were talking about it, she asked me about my registry. Hmmm...it's a little sparse. I told her I was going to just use the swing that M had (it's pink) and she flipped and made me go register for one. So I went to Target and got a scanner and registered for more stuff. Not that it's stuff I don't need, but I just feel bad asking for things with my 2nd baby. But I supposed if people are going to buy me stuff, it might as well be what I want/need. So I registered for things like breast pump accessories, nursing pads, nipple cream, blankets, changing pad covers, a swing, a playmat/activity gym thingy, diapers (Huggies Pure & Natural--so I don't feel so guilty), crib sheets, washcloths, and books. I still refuse to register for another Bumbo chair. We have a Be Be Pod that's pale lavender and pale pink. I seriously don't need another one. You can barely tell it's girly.

Oh, and my friend, R, had a baby boy last year at this time, and she's not having anymore, so she's giving me her infant carseat. It's a Chicco KeyFit 30. Great carseat! And she's got 2 bases! So that makes up my mind about not getting a travel system.

No comments: