Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Worth It

As I sit here thinking about my 21DSD and my potential new Paleo lifestyle, my 2 year old brings me a box of chicken broth and asks for soup.  I instinctively go to the pantry and grab a can of chicken noodle soup, then pause and read the label.  And I see words like maltodextrin, sucrose, dextrose, and monosodium glutamate.  I think to myself, am I really going to feed this to my precious baby boy?  Then I whipped up a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup with organic chicken broth, spices, rotisserie chicken, egg noodles, and diced carrots.  Easy peasy.  It took a bit longer than heating up a can of soup since I had to cook the noodles, but it was totally worth it.  And HE'S worth it.
We're all worth the little bit of extra effort (and sometimes extra cash) it takes to eat whole, real food.

No comments: