Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Witching Hour

That's the title of the book we're reading in our book club this month. It's an older book (1990) by Anne Rice...the first in the Mayfair Witches series. I was a little apprehensive at first about reading an Anne Rice novel. I mean, witches and vampires aren't really my thing. I'd rather read some chick lit or something. But I'm going to be a good sport about it and read the book. H picked it up last Friday at Books-A-Million for me. I took it to work and started on it. It starts out just a little freaky. The worst of it is the anticipation of being scared. I've never read one of her books before, so I'm not sure if they're "scary" or not. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat, ya know. I hate horror movies, and I really hate serial killer/murder movies. Needless to say, I don't read books like that either. Yesterday I bought a couple of other non-scary books just in case I get too scared and need something to read to take my mind off of the witches.

No comments: